Struggling Door or uneven door? If your door does not go up and down smoothly and is struggling, you may have an unsafe condition. Even older door systems should operate smoothly. If the awkward operation continues when the door is manually operated, your spring system is out of balance. This can cause premature wear and tear on other important door components. Spring systems are dangerous and should be repaired only by trained professionals.
Another reason the door may be struggling is it may simply just need to be lubed. Places to lube are Hinges, springs, and roller stems ONLY. (Don’t spray any lubricant on nylon rollers.)
Purchase a lithium based grease or garage door lube. Popular standard de-greasers like WD-40 aren’t the best option for a garage door. Instead, purchase a lithium based grease at our showroom. There are also certain greases that are made specifically for garage doors. Do not use oil.
- Garage door grease will typically come in an aerosol or spray can.
- Oil is susceptible to dirt and dust buildup and is more likely to drip than garage door grease or lube. Read the label to make sure that the grease that you are using is appropriate for your doors.
- The chain comes with a natural protect-ant on it that makes it so that you don’t have to grease it regularly.
- Spraying the bottom of the rail doesn’t do anything.
- Consult the owner’s manual to see how to lubricate and maintain your specific garage door opener.
Misaligned tracks are another common cause for a garage door going off track. This usually happens when the bolts holding the horizontal tracks get loose, causing the bracket to wobble at the slightest unnatural vibrations of the door. Struggling Door; Give Us a Call!
If your garage door needs attention please give us a call and schedule a service: 602.269.0888