- Locate the Learn button on your opener. If you have a wall control, use this button — if not, use the Learn button on your opener. You will need a ladder to access this, so take care when climbing.
- Press and release the Learn button (press and release twice if your LiftMaster opener is equipped with a MyQ Control Panel).
- Within 30 seconds, press and hold the button on your remote control that you would like to program for three seconds.
- Also depending on your model of opener and remote, the LED lights will either go out or the opener lights will blink to indicate that the remote has been successfully programmed.
- Press the programmed button to ensure that it functions properly. If not, repeat the procedure.
- Furthermore, Repeat the procedure for other buttons or other remotes as necessary.
Programming your remote is easy with LiftMaster. As a result, this high-quality brand of overhead door remote openers is designed for easy and reliable use. If you have trouble programming your remotes, you may have a problem with your remotes or the opener itself. Give us a call at 602.269.0888 we would be happy to troubleshoot the issue.
- Locate the “Learn Code” button and LED indicator. Depending on the model of garage door opener you own, “Learn Code” is typically located near the antenna of the unit.
- Press and release “Learn Code”; the LED indicator will blink at a rate of twice per second. Press and release the button on the remote you want to program; the LED indicator will flash or glow steadily (varies by model). Press the same remote button again; the LED indicator will go out.
- To check that the button has been programmed correctly, press the button on the remote again; the door should operate. If it does not, carefully repeat the steps above. Above all remember to clear all people, pets, ladders, vehicles and other obstructions from the garage door’s path before activating
- Repeat the steps above for multiple doors and/or remotes with multiple buttons.
- Consequently up to seven remote-operated devices can be programmed into one of the Genie legacy Intellicode garage door openers. That includes a total of seven Intellicode remotes or six Intellicode remotes plus an Intellicode wireless keypad. HomeLink programming would claim one of the available memories if desired. Newer DC units can hold 28 remote devices and newer AC units can hold up to 30.
If you need further assistance programming your remote give us a call at 602-269-0888