Built to last.
You can have the perfect garage door for your house. The good news is you do not have to design your garage door from scratch (although, that option exists). Today’s garage doors offer a wide variety of customization features, allowing you to find a garage door that expresses your individual style and compliments your home.
How do you find the perfect garage door?
- Choose a door material that works with your lifestyle and location. For low maintenance in any climate, steel doors are the answer. For a timeless, handcrafted look that may require more frequent upkeep, the natural beauty and warmth of wood doors are the classic choice.
- Remember, it has to fit. Typically, garage doors are offered in standard sizes. However, we offer custom-fit sizes for uniquely designed garages. If you have a newer home, more than likely Lodi Garage Doors and More makes a door to fit your garage. If you live in an older home, you may have fewer choices, but you should have little trouble finding a garage door that fits.
- Garage doors are available in a variety of designs that fit any architecture, from old world estate looks to authentic carriage house doors (doors that seem to swing open, but open and operate like traditional garage doors) to ultra-sleek modern designs.
- Your color options are limitless. Lodi Garage Doors & More offers a limited number of pre-painted steel doors. But if you want to customize the color, steel doors are ready to be painted with off-the-shelf exterior latex paint. Wood doors come in their natural finish but are ready for staining or painting.
- The hardware accessories that are available with your garage door most often depend on the style of door you choose. Carriage house doors feature options for decorative handles and decorative strap hinges. The clean lines of a modern or traditional garage door may not need any embellishment.
- Windows not only bring natural light into your garage; they add another layer of style and sophistication to your garage doors. There are many decorative windows options—from contemporary designs to ornamental faux wrought iron to Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired colors and patterns—creating a garage door that fits your style and compliments the design of your home.
But you need to know the value of the garage door you choose. Certain options are simply going to cost more. But in turn, they may add more value to your home or help you save more money on your energy bill. Determine which features are most valuable to you and which ones you can live without. With all the options available, the perfect garage door can fit your home and your budget. Which features have the biggest impact on price?
- The price of a garage door is determined by dozens of different variables like size, style and installation. Therefore few garage door dealers will quote prices before a site inspection has taken place. Installed doors can cost anywhere from several hundred to several thousand dollars.
- Construction materials can vary greatly in price. Generally, stain-grade wood doors are the most expensive, and single-layer (hollow) steel doors are the least expensive.
- Architectural elements, like windows or decorative hardware, will affect price.
Now you’re ready for some curb appeal. To a prospective buyer, your home’s appearance from the street can affect how much they are willing to offer. And with up to 40% of the facade of some new homes being the garage, a garage door with curb appeal is key to increasing resale value. In fact, garage doors ranked #2 out of 35 common projects for generating return on investment (ROI).