Monthly safety checks of your garage door and opener, and an annual visit from Lodi Garage Doors & More , will
maintain the safety and smooth operation of your garage door. Give us a Call to schedule your yearly check-up
Steel and Aluminum doors
- Wash the door exterior at least one time per year and more frequently in salt air climates or where doors are exposed to salt spray. Dilute one cup of common household detergent, like Tide®, in five gallons of warm water and wash door with a dense sponge or cloth. Rinse door thoroughly clean. Never blend cleansers or detergents with bleach.
Do not pressure wash a garage door.
- Wood doors require periodical inspection of door finish. Visually inspect the door once a year to determine if the finish is weathered, deteriorating or thin. Stripping and refinishing of door may be required.
Windows and Window Inserts
- Use a soft cloth and common household glass cleaner.
- No required cleaning to maintain appearance. Slight variations in individual finishes are intended. Some changes in color will occur over time, enhancing the natural look and beauty of each piece.
- Visually scan tracks, cables, springs, steel brackets, rollers, and hinges for fraying, rupture, and other signs of wear. Lodi Garage Doors & More must replace these items to ensure garage door safety.
- To test door balance, first disconnect electric opener while door is closed (if applicable; refer to page 2). Raise door to waist level and slowly release. Door should hold in this position. If door drops or raises without assistance, call Lodi Garage Doors & More at 602-269-0888 to correct the door balance.
- Lubricate hinges, springs, rollers, and bearings, with Lodi Lube (Available at Lodi Garage Doors & More 602-269-0888) or similar non-silicon-based lubricant (eg. 10W-30 motor oil) at least twice per year to maintain smooth operation of door.
Do not lubricate nylon rollers or tracks.
Opener safety device
- To test photo eyes, stand inside garage, safely away from path of door; push wall button to close door. As door closes wave an object in path of photoelectric eye beam. The door should reverse and return to the fully open position. Install photo eyes no more than 6” above the floor.
- Federal law requires that Garage door openers manufactured after January 1, 1993 have advanced safety features that comply with UL 325 standards. If a reversing feature is not resent, you must replace your opener.
- To test reversal, door must be properly balanced. Open garage door fully, place a 1-1/2” thick piece of wood on the floor under the center of the door. Stand inside garage, safely away from path of the door, push the transmitter or wall button to close door. The door must reverse when it strikes the wood. If the door does not reverse, contact Lodi Garage Doors & More at 602-269-0888 to adjust, repair, or replace the opener or door.