Q. Do I need a lock on my garage door?
A. Frequently Asked Questions 3: If an electric garage door opener has been installed on your door, it may not be necessary to have a lock. Properly installed, electric openers can function as the lock, making it improbable that an intruder would be able to lift your door from the outside. If you have an older opener, check to see if your door can be lifted from the outside.
Q. What type of spring is better…extension or torsion?
A. Also, the two types of springs used on garage doors today are extension and torsion springs. Extension springs are attached on either side of the door and stretch along the horizontal track when the door is closed. Also, Torsion springs are typically located just above the top section of the door and are mounted to the header. While, they are wound springs and do not expand or contract when the door is moved. Torsion springs are a better choice because they balance the weight of the door better than extension springs for smoother operation and safety. Above all, Watch the Amarr spring video to learn more.
Q. Can I buy directly from Amarr?
A. No, because Amarr only sells to the wholesale channel of garage door dealers and to on-line and in-store retailers. Rather, a homeowner can buy an Amarr garage door through any of those outlets.
Q. Are Amarr garage doors “Made in USA”?
Frequently Asked Questions 3: Furthermore, the following Amarr garage doors are compliant with the Federal Trade Commission “Made in USA” standards and with section 1605 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009:
- Commercial Sectional Steel doors: Amarr 2432 (1000), 2731 (1380), 2002/2012/2022 (2000/2000i/2000s), 2402/2412/2422 (2400/2400i/2400s), 2502/2512 (2500/2512), 2042 (2720), 2742 (2700), and 2741 (1350)
- Commercial Sectional Aluminum doors: Amarr 3502 (3500) and 3552 (3550)
- Amarr Commercial Rolling Steel doors: Slat (4000/4010/4020/4030), Insulated Slat (4100/4110/4120/4130), Fire (4200/4210), Grilles (4310/4320/4330), Counter (4400/4401/4410/4411/4420/4421), Counter Fire (4500/4501/4510/4511)
- Also Residential Steel Door collections: Amarr Carriage Court, Classica®, Designer’s Choice, Heritage™, Hillcrest, Lincoln, Oak Summit®, Olympus, and Stratford®
- Residential Aluminum Full View Amarr Vista VI1000