Tips for Getting Your Garage in Gear for this Fall by LiftMaster
With more than 55% of homeowners using the garage door as the main entrance-way into their home. tips for getting your garage in gear. it’s important for homeowners to take steps to safeguard the garage as they do their home. During the fall months, homeowners are more likely to tackle a new home improvement project. With the onslaught of a new project, people tend to spend more time in their garage. After a long winter and with the increased usage of the garage and garage door opener. This fall is a perfect time to prepare your garage for increased family traffic.
LiftMaster, a leader in residential and commercial access solutions offers homeowners tips for how to improve your garage this fall.
Tips for this Fall
As the first room that most homeowners see at the end of each workday, giving the garage a facelift can be a great way to update your home. Don’t forget your garage during fall cleaning – it is the ideal time to prepare your garage for increased family traffic and to give it some much-needed attention just in time for summer.
Tips for getting your garage in gear.
- As the seasons change, so do your storage, organizational and even access needs. Keep items you need for the season, such as gardening tools and bikes, near the exit to the garage so they are easy to access and use.
- Ensure that your garage door opener is providing you and your family with convenient, secure and safe access at all times. Check out LiftMaster.com for more information.
- With the garage door opening multiple times per day and cars entering and exiting, garages can easily accumulate dust, dirt and other oils and chemicals. To keep these materials from being tracked indoors, damaging floor surfaces and carpeting while also aggravating dust or seasonal allergies, be sure to sweep and power wash the garage floor on a monthly basis.
- April showers can cause costly and harmful water damage to your garage if there are cracks and holes. To prevent damage that results from both typical and extreme weather, paint you garage ceiling, walls and floor with a special waterproof paint. Be sure to inspect all surfaces for cracks or holes that require repair before painting.
April showers may also cause unexpected power outages. Check out our newest LiftMaster Modelsl 8550 and 8500 – MyQ enabled garage door openers with Battery Backup built in. These garage door openers will continue to open and close the garage door for up to two days during a power failure.
- A garage door is the largest and heaviest moving object in a home. To keep the garage door properly maintained and functioning safely. Be sure to keep the parts of the door clean and lubricated, including the steel rollers. You can even lubricate the weather stripping to help keep it pliable.
- The garage can be a dangerous place, housing items such as toys, bikes. Recreational items in close proximity to paints, gasoline, turpentine and other dangerous chemicals. Play it safe and keep chemicals out of reach and stored in appropriate containers.
- Celebrate Earth Day by disposing of numerous hazardous materials stored in your garage. (such as old paint, cleaning products and motor oil.) Most state and local programs are readily available to help you do so in an environmentally safe matter.